Basically, how to install a stomper is:
To install the stomper certificate to the Android system, we need root access. On the latest android system, root is quite difficult. The method is almost the same; unlock bootloader » install twrp » then install magisk. Please use google to find out more about how to root the device you are using.
List of Operating System capable of running Stomper:
- Android 6 or below – very minimal setup and easy to use
- Android 7 or above – requires rooting phone in order to be able to use stomper
- Android on Chrome OS – requires root
- PC Emulators – most can be rooted very easily and they follow the same procedure as a rooted android device
- iOS – very minimal setup and easy to use (doesn’t require jailbreak)
Which phone should I buy if I want to root?
Every Google device that has unlocked boot loader (without Verizon) or a device you can be certain it can be easily rooted and unlocked. Cheap Google phones 64 bit: Nexus 5x/6p. Better phones – Pixel 1/2 (not Verizon). Most of these phones can be bought for about 50$-60 $US, used. Just search on eBay or craigslist, or search on your local online merchant.
- Extract the file you downloaded from the Trial or from the package you just purchased.
- There are 3 files.
a. 1 vpn profile file
b. 2 certicate files (for android or ios)
Here’s how to install the stomper according to the device you have.
Android / PC Emulator (rooted and android 7 or higher)
- Install Root Certificate Manager(ROOT) from Play Store Grant root access and import the certificate you extracted earlier (inside cert folder).
Latest Android (rooted with Magisk)
- Install Move Certifcates Modules by Yochananmarqos from Magisk Modules
- Install the certificate you extracted earlier (inside cert folder) via Android Settings – Security & Lock Screen – Encryption & Credentials – Install a certificate – CA certificate
Older Android (Android 6 and lower doesn’t need root)
- You only need to import the certificate via settings:
Settings > Security > Install from storage (Install certificate from storage) > Find the certificate file and give it the name you want.
- You must SEND the certificate to yourself via the built-in email application (don’t use the Gmail app).
- Open your own email in the inbox. Then click the attachment in the mail and it will automatically start the import process. Give it the name you want, then follow the steps on the screen.
- Once done, you just need to activate the certificate in the settings.
- Go to: Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings and find the certificate you just imported by mail, click on it to activate.
- More info
- Download OpenVPN App
- Open the openvpn application, then import the ovpn file that you extracted earlier.
More info about the installation processHow to Install on Emulator How to Install Stomper without Root Android